Former NFL sensation Terrell Owens surprised us all with his newly found cooking skills. Thanks to Wix.com – the free website building platform – the football star dived into a new career…as a baker! His recently launched business – Humble Pies – has already achieved considerable success and many fans asked 6-time Pro Bowler T.O. to teach them the art of pie making.
So while we eagerly await for T.O’s cooking show to be on air and his scrumptious Humble Pies to be sold in stores, make your own delicious homemade (Humble) Apple Pie – they’ll taste just like Mama’s.
Nothing personal T.O. but although your pies look yummy, we will stick to our own delicious recipe for some hearty pie!
1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
1/2 cup unsalted butter
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
8 Granny Smith apples – peeled, cored and sliced
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Melt the butter in a saucepan. Stir in flour to form a paste.
- Add water, white sugar and brown sugar, and bring to a boil. Reduce temperature and let simmer.
- Place the bottom crust in your pan.
- Fill with apples, mounded slightly.
- Cover with a lattice work crust.
- Gently pour the sugar and butter liquid over the crust.
- Pour slowly so that it does not run off.
- Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Continue baking for 35 to 45 minutes, until apples are soft.